We have been blessed with a very positive response to our request for venues to host the Slough Winter Night Shelter following a meeting of Church and civic leaders at the centre, Farnham rd on December 13th last . All of the venues have now been assessed by our Health and Safety advisor. There are just a couple of venues where PCC and trustee approval is still pending .Most of the venues are in central Slough with a couple in Burnham . We have decided to operate the 7 Churches model which the Wycombe homeless connection have employed so successfully.
With the venues now in place I need your help to launch a volunteer recruitment drive. The Pilot will launch on Monday the 27th of January and extend to Sunday March the 9th . The scheme will be in place seven days a week. We will need volunteers to help with the following;
· Venue set up, meeting and greeting , befriending. (Evenings 7:30 -10:30pm )
· Overnight volunteers (10pm – 7am) There will be a contracted security guard at every venue, every night.
· Cleaners from 7am
· Minibus Drivers (Evenings 7pm – 8:30pm) mornings (6:30am – 7:30am) Drivers must have a category D1 driving licence for at least 2 years and be aged between 25 and 70.
· Volunteers must be over 18 years old.
· Volunteer training and induction will be held at The Centre, Farnham Rd, Slough SL1 4UT on Saturday the 25th of January from 2pm to 4pm. And at St Andrews Methodist Church on Thursday the 23rd of January between 7pm and 9pm .
· Those interested should please email firstname.lastname@example.org with name ,address , contact details and availability. Alternatively you can call John Power on 07837333986 with your details.